A copy of the 2017 Western Region Annual Report is now available from the Regional Bee Inspector Colin Pavey.
- Notifiable disease levels were below average – but with one or two hotspots.
- High varroa levels were seen especially late in the season.
- Levels of minor disease were average or below.
- No reports of Small Hive Beetle in the UK.
- No reports of Asian hornet in Gloucestershire in 2017 but a nest was found and destroyed in Woolacombe, North Devon (see NBU website and adjacent NBU news for latest updates).
- A reminder that it is a legal requirement to notify the National Bee Unit of any bee imports into the UK.
- It is also a legal requirement to only use approved Veterinary Medicines and to keep proper records of any treatments.
- Please remember to also register your colonies on BeeBase.